The Leadership Certificate Program (LCP) is a leadership development program for any Illinois student.
This program is designed to provide you with a customized experience for developing leadership competencies from the Illinois Model of Leadership through leadership education and training, co-curricular involvement, and self-reflection.
The program culminates with the creation of an ePortfolio that documents your growth as a leader. The LCP is designed for you to be able to complete in two semesters.
How do I earn the Leadership Certificate?
Submit a Personal Development Plan (PDP) any time before the deadline and have it approved by the ILC
- Fall semester submission deadline = November 15th
- Spring semester submission deadline = April 15th
Complete one course connected to leadership
- May count if completed prior to enrolling in the program
Participate in two Illinois Leadership Center i-Programs
- May count one if completed prior to enrolling in the program
Participate in one co-curricular team experience
- May include research groups, registered student organizations, part-time or full-time work, athletic teams, study abroad, service-learning, etc.
- The team experience should last at least one full semester, and students should be actively participating in the experience while they are enrolled in the program
- Students do not need to hold a leadership position within the group in order to count it toward this requirement
Participate in four one-hour Illinois Leadership Center workshops on leadership-related topics
- Must complete the ILC workshops while enrolled in the program
Create an ePortfolio and submit all completion requirements by the deadline
- Fall semester completion deadline = November 1st
- Spring semester completion deadline = April 1st
For more details about these requirements and watch a video overview, please visit our Participant Resources page: http://leadership.illinois.edu/certificate-participants-resources
Students who have completed all of the program requirements will be invited to participate in the Leadership Certificate Completion Ceremony.
Have questions the website does not answer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!