The Leadership Certificate Program (LCP) is a multi-semester, leadership development program for any Illinois student.
This program is designed to provide you with a customized experience for developing leadership competencies from the Illinois Model of Leadership through leadership education and training, co-curricular involvement, self-reflection, and coaching.
Effective immediately, the ILC is suspending new enrollment in the Leadership Certificate Program for the 2022-2023 academic year in order to focus our energies on reinvisioning the program and improving the experience for students. We will continue to support all active students currently enrolled in the program as they work to complete the program requirements and earn their Leadership Certificate!
The program culminates with the creation of an ePortfolio that documents your growth as a leader. The LCP is designed for you to be able to complete in three semesters.
To support your leadership development and guide you in your Leadership Certificate journey, you will be...
- Assigned to a cohort (which consists of participants new to the program and a peer mentor), and
- Matched with a Leadership Coach (who are typically University of Illinois faculty, staff member, alumni, local community members, or a personal mentor of your own)
How do I earn the Leadership Certificate?
- Enroll in and complete all six modules of the Leadership Certificate Program online training
- Submit a Personal Development Plan (PDP) any time before the deadline and have it approved by the ILC
- Fall 2020 semester submission deadline = November 15th
- Spring 2021 semester submission deadline = April 15th
- Enroll in and complete one leadership course – LEAD 260 Introduction to Leadership Studies
- May count if completed prior to enrolling in program
- Participate in two Illinois Leadership Center i-Programs
- May count one if completed prior to enrolling in program
- Participate in two co-curricular team experiences
- May include research groups, registered student organizations, part-time or full-time work, athletic teams, study abroad, service-learning, etc.
- Attend 10 hours of trainings and workshops on leadership-related topics
- May include organizational trainings, national or regional conferences, leadership retreats, ILC i-Programs or workshops, career development seminars, cultural programming, etc.
- Create an ePortfolio and submit all completion requirements by the deadline
- Fall semester completion deadline = November 1st
- Spring semester completion deadline = April 1st
For more details about these requirements and watch a video overview, please visit our Participant Resources page: http://leadership.illinois.edu/certificate-participants-resources
At the end of the spring semester, students who have completed all of the program requirements for the academic year will be invited along with their Leadership Coaches to participate in the Leadership Certificate Completion Ceremony.
Have questions the website does not answer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to speak with a Leadership Certificate Program Specialist!