The Leadership Certificate Program is designed for you to be able to complete in 2-4 semesters.
To earn the Certificate, you must:
- Register and attend a Certificate Information Session and submit a Declaration of Intent online by the enrollment deadline
- Attend a Personal Development Plan (PDP) workshop and submit your PDP online
- Attend two Illinois Leadership Center i-Programs
- Attend a total of ten hours of leadership programs on-campus or off-campus (organization trainings, fraternity & sorority events, other ILC programs, etc.)
- Enroll in and complete two leadership-related courses (if possible, it is recommended one of the courses be AGED 260: Intro to Leadership Studies)
- Participate in two non-classroom team experiences (includes athletic teams, research groups, registered student organizations, intramural sports, work experience, etc.)
- Attend a Portfolio & Completion Workshop and create a Leadership ePortfolio documenting your leadership growth which includes a revised PDP, reflection for two academic courses, two non-classroom team experiences, and related leadership programs
- Submit completion documents online to the ILC, once approved by your Leadership Coach or the ILC staff
Note: i-Programs and courses taken prior to enrolling in the Certificate Program can be counted - non-classroom team experiences cannot.
At the end of the fall and spring semesters, students who have completed the above requirements will be invited to participate in the Leadership Certificate Completion Ceremony.
Questions? Contact email@example.com