The Certificate program is structured for you to be able to complete in 2-4 semesters.
To earn an Illinois Leadership Certificate, you must:
- Register and attend a Certificate Informational Session and submit a Declaration of Intent by the enrollment deadline
- Meet regularly with an assigned Leadership Coach (two to three times per semester)
- Attend a Personal Development Plan (PDP) workshop and submit your PDP online
- Attend two Illinois Leadership Center i-Programs and attend a total of ten hours of leadership programs on-campus or off-campus (organization trainings, fraternity & sorority events, other ILC programs, etc.)
- Enroll in and complete two leadership-related courses. (if possible, it is recommended one of the courses be AGED 260: Intro to Leadership Studies)
- Participate in two non-classroom team experiences (includes athletic teams, research groups, registered student organizations, intramural sports, work experience, etc.)
- Attend a Portfolio & Completion Workshop and create a Leadership ePortfolio documenting your leadership growth which includes a revised PDP, reflection for two academic courses, two non-classroom team experiences, and leadership programs
- Submit online completion documents to the ILC, once approved by your Leadership Coach
Note: i-Programs and courses taken prior to enrolling in the Certificate Program can be counted.
At the end of the fall and spring semesters, students who have completed the above requirements will be invited, along with their Leadership Coach, to participate in the Leadership Certificate Completion Ceremony.
Questions? Contact email@example.com