The Certificate program is structured for you to be able to complete in 2-4 semesters.
To earn an Illinois Leadership Certificate, you must:
- Register and attend an Information Session
- Submit a Statement of Intent by the enrollment deadline
- Meet regularly with a paired Leadership Coach (3-4 times per semester)
- Attend a Personal Development Plan (PDP) Workshop and submit PDP online
Attend 4 leadership programs
- Programs must be longer than 5 hours
- At least 3 of the programs must be Illinois Leadership Center i-Programs
- Complete 2 leadership classes (See a list of commonly accepted courses here)
Participate in 2 non-classroom team experiences
- Includes athletic teams, research groups, registered student organizations, etc.
Attend a Portfolio & Completion Workshop and create a Leadership Portfolio documenting your leadership growth which includes:
- Revised PDP
- Reflections for 2 academic classes, 2 non-classroom team experiences, 4 leadership programs
- Submit online completion documents to be approved by your Leadership Coach and the Illinois Leadership® Center.