How to Participate
The application for the 2020 Institute session is closed.
The application for the 2020 Institute session opens September 16 and closes October 28, 2019
Apply to participate in The Institute to build community with fellow Illinois students and cultivate valuable leadership skills.
About 65 Illinois students are selected each year to participate in The Institute. Students are selected and sponsored financially by their respective colleges, departments, or units. This sponsorship includes transportation to and from the Allerton Park Retreat Center and the Urbana-Champaign campus, room and board, and six days of dialogue and self-discovery in a supportive learning community.
To learn more about The Institute, we recommend you attend one of the following information sessions:
- Tuesday, September 10th from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Friday, September 13th from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 18th from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 8 from 6:00 PM- 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 9 from 5:00 PM- 6:00 PM
All information sessions will take place in the ILC Conference Room, 290 Illini Union.